Corporate Application Services Team, Scrum Master
Posted 1 year ago Consulting, Financial Services Tokyo
Consulting, Financial Services
Posted 1 year ago
MetLife is looking for a Senior Scrum Master/Delivery Lead who can contribute to build the agile organization to accelerate the business growth and improve the competitiveness in the insurance market.
A scrum Master acts as a coach to transform teams or projects into the better version of themselves. Also A Scrum Master in MetLife is expected to be an Agile evangelist in the organization to promote Agile not only as a methodology but as a way of working. The Scrum master will lead a sizable project in the area of digital application development that is toward distribution and other business areas.
- IT program/project delivery while keeping the time and benefits in reasonable range
- May need to handle multiple project deliveries at time depending on the situations
- Coach teams/projects to enhance the performance and measure it with actionable KPIs. Act as a servant leader to transform the team to be better.
- Own the team process by understanding it end-to end and make it visible.
- Guide the team on using Agile practices to improve themselves and maximize value.
- Facilitate Scrum Events and workshops with clear objectives to reach their goals.
- Help the team to remove impediments and protect them.
- Promote Agile and increase the awareness in MetLife Japan.
- Lead by example in delivering the projects and business benefits
- Work with other IT functions, business departments and project managers to bridge Agile approach and traditional processes and remove impediments including challenging internal government processes
- Lead and take an active role in Agile and work with other Scrum Masters creating a community.
- Keep an interactive communication with MetLife Global and implementing their success stories and best practices into the Japanese organization and ensure MLJ Agile transformation aligns with global strategy
- 5 years or more of business experience related to the system development or IT projects
- Be a change leader
- Excellent communication and facilitation skill
- Analytical thought
- Logical approach and problem-solving ability
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and persuasion skill
- Mastery of Agile Practices
- Mastery of Agile project management methods and associated tools (Visual management, Agile indicators, Agile KPI)
- Mastery of Scrum and Kanban practices
- Experience as a Scrum Master or an Agile coach for at least 2 years
- 5 years or more of business experience in the system department in the life insurance company or other financial service industry.