Data Engineer Team Lead for IT Digital Engineering Team
Posted 1 year ago Financial Services Tokyo
Posted 1 year ago
Looking for technologist who is adaptive and adoptive to changing technology trends, migrate legacy data warehouse to the cutting-edge Big Data platforms, and drive data utilization. This role would be best suited for an experienced PL/PM with an application engineering backbone.
The focus should be on
- Integrate data processing and data itself from legacy data warehouse applications into a company standard Big Data infrastructure to provide business units with a data infrastructure environment that allows them to accelerate on utilizing company data.
- As the owner of the company’s essential data (or database applications), establish data management guidelines, and create a standard data management environment.
Working with a culturally diverse and geographically distributed team to achieve a common goal in an agile delivery fashion
Flexible working hours and work from home options available!
As the owner of the data platform, this position will be responsible for the following R&R
- Maintain the in-charge application stable and robust (from perspective of technology currency, DR/BCP plan, application inventory and etc.)
- Lead or manage projects as IT lead and closely working with business stakeholders / teams.
- Establish data management guidelines and educate other App owners
- Keep data related inventories up to date, such as data object lists, application CRUD, etc.
- Measure, analyze and improve metrics related to database applications and data
- Work closely with Data team in order to establish an optimal data infrastructure and governance
- Work closely with other App owners, Analysts and Architects in aligning with the MetLife Global Platform Reference Architecture
- Coordinate and collaborate with MetLife global/local stakeholders and global/local engineers.
- Supporting documentation and paperwork related to financial institution processes
- 15+ years of experience in IT industry
- Lead a team of 5+ members
- 3+ years of experience in delivering projects in Agile/Scrum/SAFe fashion
- Experienced in Cloud migration and deployment automation
- 10+ years of experience with any combination of the following: database technology, application development, data modeling and data migration.
- Strong experience / knowledge on Azure Data Lake, Synapse Analytics or other cloud data platform
- Strong experience / knowledge on RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server and etc) and NoSQL DB (MongoDB, Cosmos DB, Cassandra, etc…)
- Essential knowledge on Hadoop and eco-systems
- Expertise on REST APIs, ESB and ETLs
- Hands-on experience in
- Application Development using RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server and etc) or NoSQL DB (MongoDB, Cosmos DB, Cassandra, etc)
- Containers (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc)
- BI tool (Power BI, QlikSence/View, Tableau and etc)