(1) Data Governance implementation
- Lead and manage the business engagement relationships with Lines of Business (LOBs) through the lens of Data Governance. This includes offering consultation to understand LOBs’ Data Governance needs and to lead the design of Data Governance implementation solutions that should be of value-add to the business in regards to MetLife Japan’s critical data (e.g. to elevate Data Understanding, Data Lineage, and/or Data Quality).
- Develop Lines of Businesses’ capabilities in understanding the purpose and know-how to manage their critical data in accordance with the Data Governance framework, including utilization of the guidelines, tools, and templates prescribed by the Data Governance Team.
- Coach, train, guide, and monitor the responsible Data Stewards’ and Data Custodians’ capabilities to implement Data Governance in alignment with solutions designed using MetLife Japan’s Data Governance Framework. This includes ensuring that required quality assurance (QA) is performed against the Data Governance Framework during the implementation process. Where issues/gaps remain post implementation, required follow-ups are in place to continuous enhance Data Governance value-adds to LOBs and broader MetLife Japan.
- In collaboration with other leaders in Data Governance Team, contribute in the leading of continuous enhancement of MetLife Japan’s Data Governance Framework, Training Programs, implementation operating model, Data Governance capabilities, Data Governance tools/processes – overall contributing to strengthening MetLife Japan’s:
- Data literacies through improved data understanding.
- Data availability and accessibility through transparent data management with data catalogs, lineage, and proactive quality assessments.
- Data consumption through improved data usability, data literacies, and confidence in data.
|(2) Data Governance effectiveness monitoring Support in execution of Data Governance implementation activities in accordance with project plans and in collaboration with Lines of Businesses (including IT). Monitor and report on execution progress, and support Lines of Businesses’ Data Governance implementation in accordance with the Data Governance Framework requirements. Where external resources are used, oversight and manage vendors to guide and track Data Governance implementation activities in accordance with project plans.|
- Identify, evaluate, and promote opportunities for Data Governance compliance and enhancement.
- Timely report of status, progress, and matters that warrant escalation to the responsible oversight personnel / body within the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A people leader/manager level with strong Risk and Governance Mindset, with collaboration experience with cross-functional colleagues from working level to senior executive levels, including committee level reporting. This role will also include people/talent management responsibilities.
- Diverse experience in life insurance, particularly around regulatory requirements relating to life insurance’s data/information lifecycle and value chain. This is essential to evolve MetLife Japan’s Data Governance capabilities surrounding Data Classification, compliance related Data Quality needs, and Data Sharing Agreements.
- Experience with tracked records in rolling out effective change management. The chosen candidate is expected to possess the mindset and suitable capability to initiate necessary culture change management around data. At a manager level, the candidate should possess “out of the box” thinking to support the necessary questioning and improving of existing status quo to advance MetLife’s data understanding, management, and consumption capabilities forward to win the future. This requires talents to have the vision of what’s possible, to have the courage to experiment new improved ways of working, and to be resilient in the journey of change.
- Any combination of the following experience: Data governance, database technology, application development, data modeling, data quality assessment, data profiling, master/reference data, and metadata management.
- Strong understanding of Japan Law and regulations regarding data protection, and record management, and information security
- Developing process and data flows, and process implementation.
- Understanding of insurance business, process, and critical data for business operations purposes.
- High-level knowledge of data analytics, databases, and big data platform.
- Experience in supporting projects involving regulatory/compliance reporting and adherence.
- Extensive business acumen with broad range of exposure to business and IT units.
- Experience in customer relationship management, communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in both English and Japanese.
- Hands-on Data Governance framework design and / or implementation experience using data governance tool (Collibra)
- Experience on data quality, including identification of potential issues / quality expectations, and tools used to assess, e.g. Informatica Data Quality module (IDQ)
- Experienced with database development, as well as / SQL / Java / ETL / API development
- Knowledge on metadata management, master data management (MDM), and reference data management (RDM)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or data governance/management
- Would be plus if a candidate has the following certifications:
- DAMA Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP)
- Collibra Ranger
- Informatica Data Quality 10: Developer, Specialist Certification
- Successful candidate needs to possess strong communication capabilities in English and Japanese, both speaking and writing. (Japanese: Advanced, English: Intermediate/Advanced)
- Self-driven, value-add oriented, and a clear focus on high quality contributions to the business.
- Undertake assigned duties with ownership, responsibility, and accountability.
- Empathetic communicator.
- Able to get on with others and be a team player.