Plans and leads deployment of applications, associated tools and best practices with Microsoft Azure technologies as an Infrastructure engineer. Provides technical leadership and design, development, implementation, and consulting to the organization. Responsible to plan, lead, document and integrate complex tool software and features strategies and solutions with related technical groups. Conducts complex problem prevention, resolution, and integration planning.
- End-to-end solution designs including security, availability, networking and performance of the platform and applications.
- Lifecyle ownership on Cloud services for continual improvements.
- Plans and executes broad resolutions to recurring problems and regulatory changes
- Plans and executes Infrastructure as Code practices
- Handles complex communication with technical and business partners outside engineering group
- Function tests new solutions and tool releases and fixes, including compatibility testing and documentation of steps and issues.
- Performs advanced tests and documents best practices, including plans upgrade and path deployments
- Partners with application development, operations, and customers to identify needs, opportunities, and solutions, for example using advanced features
- Acts as a point of contact for global teams to ensure local and global best practice align
- Establishes and updates local standards and best practice within own technical area
- 2+ years administrative networking activities on NW routing, Firewall, NW dump analysis and NW monitoring
- 2+ years administrative activities on Web technologies, TLS with PKI infrastructure, DNS, Load balancer, Reverse Proxy, WAF and HTTP/S session analysis
- 5+ years of Cloud based technologies implementation for Application platform and 2+ years’ experience with some or all of below as a Infrastructure engineer
- Cloud based NW – Express route, VNet, MS peering, UDR, NSG, Azure GW
Cloud based storage – Azure Blob storage, File storage
Cloud based container – Azure Kubernetes, Azure Apps
Cloud based DB – Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL
Cloud based Batch service – Azure Batch
Cloud based Directory service – Azure AD
Cloud based Key vault – Azure Key vault
Cloud based CI/CD Tool – Azure DevOps and ARM Template
- 3 years or more experience to provision and setup Cloud native technologies with ensuring right security control and durability as standard design
- 3 years or more experience to support Application developers to onboard applications into Cloud Based Application platform
- Communicates effectively within the engineering team and with other technical and business teams
- Has the motivation and ability to carry out complex problem-solving to achieve a resolution.
- Has the aptitude for planning, implementing, and debugging software and related technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Japanese skills preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management.
- Positive and forward-looking personality
- Highly motivated to learn new technologies and evaluate its application in MetLife Japan.
- Well organized and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects in a team setting as a facilitator and team member.