Summary of Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of Data Engineer are to design and develop robust, reliable, highly scalable applications in Java/Scala/Spark that runs on Hadoop platform for processing extreme large amount of data.
- Collaborate with users and project team on requirements and expectations
- Analyze business requirements and create proper data solutions that meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Define the data structure, storage, security model of data in HDFS, Hive, HBase, Solr
- Design and develop highly scalable applications in Scala/Spark/Java for processing of extreme large amount of data on Big Data platform
- Implement automated Unit testing and CI/CD pipeline
- Create scripts for operations, releases, data migrations
- Maintain data lineage information
- Provide technical support for releases, issues, and incidents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Solid knowledge and experience of Hadoop ecosystem: HDFS, Hive, HBase, Phoenix, Solr, Oozie, Impala, Knox, Zookeeper, YARN, Spark, Livy, HUE, Zeppelin
- Strong capabilities in building Database schemas on top of Hadoop platform.
- Good knowledge of Oracle, MS-SQL Server, MongoDB, Kerberos, Linux, network
- Proficient in Java, Scala, Spark, ORM frameworks, SQL, git, unit testing, CI/CD
- Understanding of design principles, coding standards and best practices
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of REST API, micro-services, cloud computing, ETL, and Salesforce is preferred
- Detailed and precise, able to drive alone the design and development of complex system.
- Able to articulate technical aspects in an easy-to-understand way for non-developers or tech savvy people.
- Team player able to adapt to technologies (programming languages, development environments and business requirements).
- Strong performer with focus on delivery, fast learning and able to apply his knowledge in various domains.
- Basic Japanese language skills and business level English language
Willing to learn new technologies and pick up challenging work