- The IT Infrastructure Project Demand/Portfolio Manager will be required to manage Project Management Team which consists of multiple project managers in IT Infrastructure organization.
- The IT Infrastructure Project Demand/Portfolio Manager is accountable and responsible for not only project demand/portfolio management but also ensuring all planned project deliveries as a deputy of head of Infrastructure Project Delivery.
- Understand IT strategy, IT operating model and IT project governance processes, and lead/encourage project managers through project initiation to closure.
- Manage all aspects of large, complex and/or cross-functional IT infrastructure service deliveries on program level.
- Develop project/program budgets and responsible for performance against financial parameters and monitoring and reporting.
- Develop IT infrastructure project portfolio and maintain by working with Demand intake/management team, Resource management team and IT finance team.
- Build and maintain relationship with key customers, vendors/suppliers, project owners/sponsors and project managers.
- Identify risks, issues and dependencies with/on other projects by working with respective project managers/stakeholders and manage them.
- Follow Metlife Japan policies, compliances, procedures and project management methodologies, and lead governance structure and processes to drive and manage projects/programs.
- Lead regular project/program reviews with project managers and stakeholders.
- People management for the team as a deputy of head of Infrastructure Project Delivery.
- 8+ years of hands-on technology project management experience for IT Infrastructure service delivery under multicultural environment.
- Experience of account management or business relationship management.
- Experience of hands-on operations of IT infrastructure services in large enterprise systems.
- Experience of working in Finance, Insurance and/or IT industry.
- Experience in project execution in Waterfall and Agile process.
- Native level fluency in Japanese (both written and verbal)
- Business level fluency in English (both written and verbal)
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project/program management.
- Knowledge of IT service management processes and tool.
- Knowledge of project/program management techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of configuration item of IT infrastructure: Network, OS – Windows, Linux & Mainframe, Database, Storage, Hyper visor, DNS, Firewall, Cloud, CI/CD, Containers.
- Knowledge of non-functional requirements: Availability, BCP/DR, RTO/RPO, Backup/Archive, Response Time, Access Control, Capacity Planning, Maintenance Window.
- Good organizational agility and interpersonal skills to work effectively across organizations and with team members/customer stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work effectively in uncertain situations.
- Other attributes successful for the role include being results driven, proactive, customer focused and thrive in fast paced business environment.
- High degree of goal accountability (results-oriented, establishes clear goals, measures own performance against goals on an ongoing basis).
People Management Qualifications:
- Have a good track record on the people management skill and experience.