The Network Engineer will be working side-by-side in a bilingual environment to build a comprehensive and streamlined networking infrastructure. Network architecture and designs, Network automation, end-to-end lifecycle management, device configurations, device upgrades and replacements throughout each datacenter and all office & branches.
- Leverage proven industry standards to automate key portions of the network environments
- Network engineering, operations and monitoring function throughout environment.
- Provides network engineering team leadership in areas of expertise.
- Together with global team research on latest technologies and best practices in specific areas to develop designs including security, availability, and performance
- Performs advanced tests, documents best practices and upgrades of network devices.
- Tests new solutions, tool releases and fixes, including compatibility testing and documentation of steps and issues.
- Plans and executes broad resolutions to recurring problems and regulatory changes
- Resolves complex problems utilizing structured troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Interfaces with vendors (Cisco, Palo Alto, etc.) on complex systems problems.
- Interfaces directly with vendors, peers, application developers and management, as needed.
- Handles complex communication with technical and business partners
- Represents team on major collaborative efforts for key IT and company initiatives.
- Creates high level and detailed analyses, project plans, and other related documentation and procedures.
- Proactively identifies technical and procedural areas of concern to avoid gaps and problems.
- Serves as a project lead or project representative on a single phase or on multiple phases of one or more projects.
- Prepare network proposals with financial impact on hardware & software.
- Acts as a point of contact for global teams to ensure local and global best practice align
- Establishes and updates local standards and best practice within own technical area
- Train, mentor, and provide technical guidance to junior associates on network topics.
- Manages inbound requests to the team within technical area.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related discipline (or equivalent work experience) required.
- 4-8 years’ experience in all phases of network design, installation, and maintenance in voice/data telecommunications network technology.
- A broad general knowledge of network operations, network security, storage network designs.
- Extensive technical knowledge of voice/data network hardware and software, infrastructure and design, topologies, and protocols.
- Has the motivation and ability to carry out complex problem-solving to resolution.
- Pays attention to details and ensures accuracy and high quality.
- Communicates effectively within infrastructure team and with other external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management.
- Highly motivated to learn new technologies and evaluate its application in MetLife Japan.
- Clean, well-organized and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects in a team setting as a facilitator and team member.
- Able to configure Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, and other network devices at all levels.
Hold an active network related certification such as:
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Data Center
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching
Palo Alto Networks – Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE)
Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA)
Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching preferred
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Japanese preferred
3. Senior level