A leading global Japanese company has openings in lead IT architect jobs!
- Subject matter expert in information technology architecture with focus on insurance industry
- Influences both business and IT leaders to ensure success of enterprise-level programs in the context of technology & solutions.
- Drives to maximize efficiency in both application development, security, and infrastructure.
- Assures that architecture solution is to deliver business values, aligned to MetLife IT strategic roadmap and standards in order to maximize synergies and enterprise leverage
- Identify gaps or deficiencies in the existing portfolio of IT solutions, management information systems and reporting, technology landscape and processes.
- Facilitate Japan key initiatives, including the coordination of an appropriately balanced pursuit of business objectives, IT strategic alignment, technical and solution per architecture viewpoints;
- Simplify the IT landscape by reducing complexity, diversity of solution and establishing consistency of approach within IT, covering IT applications, security, and Infrastructure architecture.
- Manage the identification and analysis of business drivers to business capabilities, information, technical and solution architecture requirements; including analyzing industry trends, technology to determine their potential impacts on the MetLife Japan architecture landscape.
- Illustrate a deep understanding of how both current and future technology can be used to drive business transformation.
- Drive the development of enterprise standards and strategic target roadmaps and ensure alignment across MetLife technology departments and business functions.
- Cultivate an environment of innovation, thought leadership, and partnership.
- Facilitate recurring MetLife Japan internal architecture, roadmap and standards meetings and assure action plans are fully developed and assigned to the appropriate departmental executives.
- Liaise with external vendors and technology partners such as Microsoft, Oracle, IBM etc. in the context of architecture and solutions
Requirements (Experience, Skills, Education)
- Must have minimum 8 years working experience in IT and 5 years in architecture solution design. Experience in the life insurance or financial services industries is a plus
- Must demonstrate experience and knowledge in information technology architecture practice, standards and plans in the financial industry. Life insurance experience will be a plus.
- Possess wide technical knowledges and architecture design experience on SOA architecture, API/microservices, cloud service and so on. Having experience such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS, or Azure will be PLUS.
- Possess Data architecture experience
- Good understanding of the financial services business and be able to discuss the business implications of technology decisions, as well as the technology implications of business decisions, particularly in terms of costs and implementation roadmaps
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT Architecture Governance and demonstrate strong capability in communication and negotiation
- Demonstrate expertise and implementation experience in Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman and other associated frameworks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of financial, non-financial, technical and executive audiences.
- Must have the ability to develop strategic relationships with their client groups and vendor partners
- Strong leadership skills required to restructure and continually refine organizational goals and direction
- Ability to direct multiple teams’ activities; ability to direct, motivate and develop project staff in an evolving environment.
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of IT leaders and business audiences.
- Japanese is a must and good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Models our Values – Creates a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.