At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we’re on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies®.
The Customer Outcomes team is ServiceNow’s internal professional services organization. The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow works with customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing proven practice guidance and technical expertise. As part of the Customer Outcomes team, you will work with our customers to drive consumption, adoption, and customer satisfaction and ultimately help our customers grow their business on the ServiceNow platform by getting them to realize the value of their ServiceNow investment.
This role is part of the Creator Workflows and Platform team in APJ (Asia Pacific and Japan) and will have the opportunity to work with our biggest customers throughout the region. This Senior Technical Consultant will be a functional and technical expert of customer engagement team – consulting with customers and configuring the ServiceNow Platform and App Engine (custom applications) technologies products based on configuration best practices – all with the goal of accelerating and driving customer business outcomes. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about application design and development and be capable at leading both design and build activities.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive innovative business solutions and digital transformation with our customers
- Lead customer design workshops across multiple ServiceNow Platform and Creator Workflow products and capabilities.
- Lead customer design workshops across ServiceNow Creator Workflows products (App Engine)
- Architect and develop of solutions that consider long term technical architecture, process design and ServiceNow technical standards
- Support the engagement efforts related to Platform wide process definition, re-engineering, improvement, and gap analysis of current/future-state processes and functionality during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders
- Advise customers in their efforts to take advantage of the ServiceNow Platform capabilities in their efforts to improve their existing processes
- Translate business and user requirements and technology constraints into solution concepts that are meaningful, easy to use, and engaging
- Guiding customers in completing required documentation such as business requirement workbooks for technical aspects of the solution
- Drafting user stories, their acceptance criteria, testing strategy and knowledge transfer while supporting customers in reviewing and approving them
- Guides and provides ad-hoc oversight/training for the customer’s future system administrators throughout the engagement
- Lead technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery for engagements, sometimes providing oversight and unit testing of partner resources development
- Be a lead member of an overall engagement project team focused on delivering successful and substantive customer outcomes
- Develop required integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc.) with multiple systems
- Develop portal, automation and integration components on the platform
- Prepare all customer-facing deliverables focused on the technology and responsible for quality of configured/developed solution
- Juggle multiple and complex projects/initiatives
- Promoting continuous improvement practices for delivery/engagement materials
- Supporting specific pre-sales activities when required
- Providing training and mentoring to other members of the ServiceNow delivery team and partner ecosystem upon request
- Up to 25% travel annually, driven by customer needs and internal meetings (currently no travel in 2021 due to COVID-19)
To be successful in this role you have:
· At least 5 years of configuration/development experience for complex, highly-capable, technologies – inclusive of custom applications, integrations and portals
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons, and risks) in complex and varied customer environments, while providing thought leadership to customer sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack and working with SaaS technologies
- Experience and understanding of Object-Oriented Design, responsive design
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL, SAML/SSO, REST/SOAP and other widespread enterprise technologies
- Experience with data management, database design, and database concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Creative and analytical mindset
- Proven team player and team builder
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- ServiceNow Certifications (required or must achieve within the first 60 days):
o Certified System Administrator (CSA)
o Certified Application Developer (CAD)
o Core Platform and Creator micro-certifications – Integration Hub, Flow Designer, Service Portal, Mobile, UI Builder)
o Desired ServiceNow Certifications (required or must achieve within the first 180 days):
o 1 other Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) – e.g., ITSM, CSM
If you do not meet all the above qualifications, but still think you have something to offer this team, please apply! Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for appropriate roles.
3. Senior level