The role primarily involves
- Provide level 1 support to end users of immediate and affiliate companies, and escalation if necessary.
- Communication primarily in English (primarily) and Japanese (secondary) over email, instant messaging, and in person. As such, fluency in both languages is required.
- Life-cycle management of existing and new products, from intial analysis to purchasing to deployment of hardware and software.
- Ensure that equipment, facilities, services, and systems are installed as per company standards, policies & procedures.
- Perform cybersecurity tasks (vulnerability monitoring, patching, log monitoring, etc.)
- Manage and support the VOIP and cloud infrastructure and services.
|Major Accountability||% of Time Spent[EC1]|
- Communicate with the end users to learn what their needs are for more proactive support
- Data backup operations
- Telephone, PBX operations & support
- Remote access users setup & management
- Actively involved in maintaining and developing service quality
- Defining hardware specifications for desktops & laptop PC’s
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: IT Manager
TITLE OF NEXT LEVEL OF SUPERVISION: Head of IT
PRIMARY CUSTOMERS OF THIS POSITION AND TYPE OF CONTACT:
Title/Department/Outside Contacts Frequency
Evolution Financial Group (EFG) users Daily
IT Dept. users/Managers Daily
Senior Management Occasionally
IV. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- 4 or more years’ experience in desktop support
- Proficiency with office suite products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Windows OS 10,11 Server 2012/2016/2019 management with Active Directory experience in user management / password resets / troubleshootingLinux (Red Hat and Ubuntu) knowledge a plus
- Networking fundamentals including TCP/IP addressing, layer 2 and layer 3 network equipment configuration, as well as vendor specific hardware such as Cisco and SonicWall switching and security devices
- Role may require basic hardware maintenance such as parts replacement and component upgrades of platforms used.
- Self-motivated, and be able to manage goals and deliverables, with some being time critical.
- Good analytical, problem solving and documentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Native Japanese, business English skills
- Must be able to work in a team as well as independently without direct supervision
- Good customer service skills.
- Possess a positive attitude towards the challenge and be open to learning new things
V. QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field such as computer science or business with relevant work experience
- Priority given to candidates with operational experience in high pressure industries such as banks and financial institutions.
- Environments worked should not only include offices but also colocation/datacenter environments
- Cloud-based platforms such as AWS (Amazon) and Azure (Microsoft) and related web based management tools such as Office 365 Admin.
- Understanding of cybersecurity best practices
- On premise operating systems include Windows 10/11 | Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 | Ubuntu 18 / 20 / 21 | Centos 7 / 8
- Virtualization and containerization experience a plus
V. CONDITIONS OF WORK:
Position is in-office, with the option of work-from-home on an as-needed basis.
review percentages further, time and duty allocation