Technical Infra project manager, IT infra service
Posted 2 months ago Financial Services Tokyo
Posted 2 months ago
Technical Project manager plays a role to launch a project through analyzing application portfolio and tech currency, and proactively drive the project by leading engineers with understanding technology and system architecture. Primary focus is Cloud migration that transforming legacy architecture into cloud native.
- Drive technical transformation project with performing engineering methodologies and best practice of IT Infrastructure and middleware migration
- Proactively drive and micromanage the project process, delivery process and engineering process and improve for efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop cloud migration strategy having technology currency, TCO, Operating Model, with following MetLife compliance standard, constrains and resource transition from on-premise to Cloud technologies
- Estimate and evaluate on-goring project plans to find opportunity reducing on-premises footprint with making technology options and cost/benefit comparison
- Analyze application portfolio and inventory to find candidate applications for migrating to the Cloud and decommission
- Lead the design, planning and implementation of complex IT infrastructure solutions
- Launch migration projects with stockholder’s alignment in detailed scope, schedule and financial cost/benefit
- Organize technical stakeholder meetings to see progress and address any issue, risk, scope change, and impact from depending projects
- Verify technical feasibility and validate solution options for the requirements
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones
- Make and present quotative status report of project
- Business Level English and Japanese in written and oral communication
- 3+ years’ experience to lead legacy migration project with architectural transformation as a technical lead
- Has experience to make a project plan and lunch a $500K+ size project through analyzing portfolio, tech currency and roadmap
- 10+ years’ experience to manage technical projects comprising of 20+ members in micro-management
- 3+ years to develop project/program budgets and responsible for performance against financial parameters and monitoring and reporting
- Communicates effectively within the engineering team and with other technical and business teams
- Has the motivation and ability to carry out complex problem-solving to resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management.
- Well organized and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience to report to C-level executives (CIO, CTO, CISO, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 10+ years work experience in IT.
- 2+ years administrative activities on Web technologies and database on Linux and Windows
- 2+ years administrative activities on Cloud technologies, container, DB, network, monitoring/logging, storage, etc.
- Has knowledge around cloud design pattern, hub-spoke NW, everything redundant, self-healing, etc.
- Has knowledge around security practice for cloud, Zero-trust, IAM, blocking public access
- Japanese : Intermediate or above
- English : Intermediate or above
3. Senior level