Data Principal Architect, IT Systems Engineering Group,
Looking for strong data expert / analyst who is adaptive and adoptive to changing technology trends, migrate legacy data warehouse to the cutting-edge Big Data platforms, and drive data utilization. This role would be best suited for an experienced data analyst or application developer with an application engineering backbone.
The focus should be on
1. Be a Principal Data Architect
(1) Understand the company’s overall business data and its data flow, and define the ‘To-be’ data model so that business domains widely utilize the data for their business under the ‘Data-Driven Approach’
(2) As a data architect, review and design data requirements arising from various projects across the company and keep the data on the platform available to key applications
(3) As the main point of contact for the Data Governance team, support them to develop the company’s data governance policy and implement the policy on the platform.
2. Building a Cloud Data Platform
Our team is working on a project to migrate our on-premise legacy data infrastructure to a new data platform to be built on Azure.
As a part of member of this project, this role will work as a ‘hub’ for each of the roles that will engage in the project as follows:
(1) Work with the Application teams to identify the SoR (Source of Records) needed for the cloud data platform
(2) Work with the Data Ingest team to provide the data inventory so that the Ingest team can ingest the data into the cloud platform.
(3) Work with the Data Transformation team to help them to build the enterprise data model on the cloud platform
(4) Work with data analysts or data stewards from business teams to promote BI optimization and ‘Self-Service’
Working with a culturally diverse and geographically distributed team to achieve a common goal in an agile delivery fashion.
Flexible working hours and work from home options available!
As the owner of the data platform, this position will be responsible for the followings
- As a principal data architect, lead data modeling / design and optimize data allocation and flow on the data platform
- Lead or manage data related projects, closely working with business stakeholders
- Data management / standardization. Educate it to app owners
- Promote ‘Self-Service’ of data and educate business users BI
- Work closely with application owners and data analysts in aligning with the MetLife Global Platform Reference Architecture
- Coordinate and collaborate with MetLife global/local stakeholders and global/local engineers.
- Supporting documentation and paperwork related to financial institution processes
- May be a people manager with 3-5 members in the future
- 15+ years of working experience in IT or Data domain
- Manage a team of 5+ members or Lead an IT / Data project with 1M USD
- 3+ years of experience in delivering projects in Agile/Scrum/SAFe fashion
- Experienced in data platform migration to cloud
- 10+ years of experience with any combination of the following: database technology, application development, data modeling and data migration.
- Proven track record for SQL / RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server and etc) and NoSQL DB (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc…)
- SoR Data and BI Analysis (Power BI, Qlik Sense/View, Tableau and etc), data warehouse, data modeling and data mart
- Essential knowledge on cloud data platform (especially Microsoft Azure)
- Essential knowledge on Big-Data / Hadoop and eco-systems
- Domain knowledge for Life Insurance
- Hands-on experience in
- Application Development using RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server and etc) or NoSQL DB (MongoDB, Cosmos DB, Cassandra, etc)
- Containers (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Azure data related PaaS services (ADLS Gen2, ADF, Synapse Analytics, SQL Database, Cosmos DB or other cloud data platform (AWS or GCP)
- BI engineering (creating reports / visualization using Power BI, QlikSense/View, Tableau or etc)
Japanese: Native-level (able to read/write Kanji)
English: Advanced (able to discuss in English with non-native English speakers)
3. Senior level