The Business System Analyst participates in IT projects that is business facing with business participation or require their requirements elicitation and testing skills. Business System Analysts are the interface between Business Analysts and the Solution Architects. Business System Analysts are primarily responsible for eliciting, documenting and managing solution requirements that meet business requirements. Business System Analysts will be deployed to the project delivery organization, and are aligned with application development teams. BSAs participates in testing along with Business Analysts and Solution Architects.
For this position, it’s necessary to have sufficient experience developing Digital portal systems that integrates Claim and Policy admin business applications.
The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for:
- Participates in technical design, development and implementation of application systems. May have customer interaction.
- Developing solution requirements and design documentation
- Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs
- Supporting integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Acting as the primary liaison between business users and solution architects
- Working closely with project managers, Customer Relationship Executives, developers, test teams, and solution architects
- Supporting effort estimating and identifying key requirements activities for project implementation
- Reviewing and contributing to user guides, reference manuals, and training materials.
- Mentoring and coaching junior business system analysts
- As appropriate; designs and codes business process models; designs and codes business rules and algorithms.
Dimensions of Position:
1.Capability of managing IT projects up to $1M to $5 million in size.
2.Manage complex multi-organizational internal and external relationships.
Requirements (Experience, Skills and Education)
- Have experience in system development in financial industry.
- Understand laws and regulations relevant to life insurance sales (e.g., Insurance Business Act, Consumer Contract Act, Financial Instruments Sales Law, Insurance Act and so on)
- Have experience and/or skills of accurately understanding internal rules/regulations and various manuals, and incorporating them into system specifications.
- 3 years minimum programming in analysis, design, implementation and support of JEE / J2EE based applications, producing clean and efficient code adhering to agreed coding and quality standards
- Transformation project experience
- 5+ year experience with business and IT governance in multi-business unit environments (decision rights), and demonstrate strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate expertise in managing and implementing IT and business projects using proven methodologies.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with IT vendor partners.
- Have experience in development or use of business rule engines.
- 5 to 10+ years of work experience in insurance industry.
- 5+ years of work experience to develop or maintain Web application systems
- Japanese/English bilingual
- Security, Authentication, SSO, React knowledge
- CBAP certificate
- Process architecture skills
- English – Basic
- Japanese – Advanced