Technology Services group is looking for a Lead Scrum Master who can lead to build the agile organization to accelerate the business growth and improve the competitiveness in the insurance market.
Lead Scrum Master acts as a coach to transform teams or projects into the better version of themselves. Also Lead Scrum Master in MetLife is expected to be an Agile evangelist in the organization to promote Agile not only as a methodology but as a way of working and make it a part of the company culture.
<Scrum Master as a coach of teams/projects>
- Coach teams/projects to enhance the performance and measure it with actionable KPIs. Act as a servant leader to transform the team to be better.
- Own the team process by understanding it end-to end and make it visible.
- Guide the team on using Agile practices to improve themselves and maximize value.
- Facilitate Scrum Events and workshops with clear objectives to reach their goals.
- Help the team to remove impediments and protect them.
<Agile evangelist in the organization>
- Promote Agile and increase the awareness in MetLife Japan. Coach managements when requires.
- Lead by example
- Work with other IT functions, business departments and project managers to bridge Agile approach and traditional processes and remove impediments including challenging internal government processes
- Lead and take an active role in Agile. Coach other Scrum Masters and make an active Scrum Master community.
- Keep an interactive communication with MetLife Global and implementing their success stories / best practices into MLJ and promote MLJ to Global sharing our success stories. Ensure MLJ Agile transformation aligns with global strategy.
- 10 years or more of business experience related to the system development or IT projects
- Experience as a Scrum Master or an Agile coach for at least 3 years
- Be a change leader
- Excellent communication and facilitation skill
- Analytical thought
- Logical approach and problem-solving ability
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and persuasion skill
- Ability to adapt depending on the audience (technical experts, business departments, managements etc..)
- Mastery of Agile Practices
- Mastery of Agile project management methods and associated tools (Visual management, Agile indicators, Agile KPI)
- Mastery of Scrum and Kanban practices
- Mastery of Product Management techniques (Product Vision, Story Mapping, Product Backlog) and Value based prioritization.
- 5 years or more of business experience in the system department in the life insurance company or other financial service industry.
- Experience of working for Agile Transformation
- Experience / Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework