- Is a senior member in the Japan Technology Audit Team and serves as a coach/mentor/role model to elevate key skills and behaviors of Auditors and Lead Auditors on the team.
- Demonstrates capabilities to ‘connect-the-dots’ among key risk areas for effective audit coverage.
- Contributes to Audit risking and planning activities, and ensure comprehensive and efficient risk coverage and control testing.
- Manages audit life cycle activities via effective project management.
- Manages and coaches Auditors and Lead Auditors to ensure individual and collective teamwork meets agreed upon standards, including necessary domain capabilities.
- Is accountable for leading the execution of internal audit services in MetLife Japan in a professional and effective manner, with a primary focus on Technology and Data functions.
- Understands current and emerging risks.
- Communicates with clarity, including abilities to share expectations and provide clear and concise feedback (written, visual, verbal).
- Builds and fosters effective relationships, including negotiation of audit findings, senior stakeholder reporting, and recommends actions for addressing identified risks and control gaps.
- Supports Japan Head of Technology Audit and Asia Head of regional Technology Audit to effectively deliver the Technology Audit Plan with audit results that are valued by stakeholders.
- At the assigned audit related projects level, manage a team of auditors as appropriate and required.
- On leadership:
・Lead and model MetLife success principles, critical thinking, collaborative partnerships, and abilities to ‘connect-the-dots’ among key risk areas for effective audit coverage that are aligned with set goals and target timelines.
・Lead, model, and experiment fit-for-purpose contemporary ways to audit such as agile auditing, data analytics, appropriate use of digital tools.
・Supports the coaching and development of Auditors and Lead Auditors on the team.
・Partner with risk partners to ensure comprehensive and efficient risk coverage and control testing in alignment with audit plan. Drive internal audit efforts to increase overall value to the business.
- On relationship management:
・Provide proactive and relevant management reporting of audit portfolio activities and results.
・Develop credibility and establish relationships with senior country leadership team and local control function partners and regulators utilizing knowledge of country and applicable governance, risk and regulatory frameworks.
・Act as the primary client contact; communicate top risks, audit plans, work in progress, and results with an audit management and business heads.
・Coordinate audit activities with external auditor, provides appropriate direct assistance and identifies opportunities for audit reliance.
- On audit related deliveries:
・Provide management with an objective review of risks and controls from an independent view.
・Attends and provides updates/report to relevant executive meetings and Committees as appropriate.
・Remain active with appropriate external professional organizations and keep informed on developments in the field of auditing, industry regulation and insurance practices.
・Deploy, develop, maintain and align the audit department resources in accordance with the current and future needs of the business and/or regulatory requirements.
・Provide subject matter expertise on areas as outlined below in alignment with MetLife’s audit methodology:
・Audit continuous risk assessments
・Audit plan development and management
・Audit engagement and lifecycle management
・Monitoring of follow-up on open issues and effectiveness of key action plans
- On domain knowledge, serve as high-level technical expert and lead teams to conduct selected audits with knowledge of:
・The relevant business operations and understanding of their control environment.
・Applicable established policies, procedures, laws and regulations, and existing regulatory requirements.
・Identification of risks within business unit being reviewed.
・Process-and-control oriented thinking to analyze and assess the impact of audit findings. Assess effectiveness of key action plans provided by auditees to resolve control issues or risks.
・Contribute to or prepare reports of audit findings for business managers and process recommendations for changes as needed. Prepares reports for senior management on large scale audit assignments.
・Responsible for leading discussions with Senior Management, regarding audit planning and reviews.
- Highly motivated for learning, self-development, and continuous improvement with agility.
- Experience to lead, coach, and model challenging status quo and applying critical thinking when delivering value-adding outcomes.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT auditing, Information Security, and/or other IT sectors such as application development, platform (Cloud, server, VM) management, IT operation, IT governance, and IT project management.
- Experience with auditing several IT areas including Cybersecurity, Cloud, Digital Applications, Infrastructure, Security Configurations, Resiliency, Emerging Technologies, IT operations, etc.
・Hands-on experience in people management and development.
・Strong managerial, communications (English and Japanese), analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
・Big 4 experience and/or internal audit in the financial service industry.
- CPA (Japanese or US), CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, or equivalent professional qualification to demonstrate IT skillsets and/or risk management.
・Comprehensive knowledge of audit practices, procedures and principles with the ability to interpret and analyze complex concepts and apply these in innovative ways.
・Proficient with data analysis tools and techniques such as Alteryx/Excel/ACL/Tableau/Power BI and other tools.
・Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Economics, Finance or related field of study.
・Program assurance experience or large-scale transformation programs.
・Technical knowledge of accepted best practices for managing IT processes such as ITIL or COBIT.
・Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, IIA Standards, risk and controls, audit sampling and testing methodologies, SOX (or J-SOX) requirements, risk management, regulatory reporting and data governance.
・Comfortable to lead and perform in a globally matrixed organization.
・Strong analytical, problem solving and presentation skills.
・Demonstrated ability to influence business stakeholders.
・Demonstrate a keen awareness of business priorities and adjusts work effort accordingly.
- English : Advanced
- Japanese : Advanced
5. Senior manager